10 Tips for Reducing Stress: Part 1

Anastasis Faith

For many of you, school has already started. I start on Tuesday. This means I’m frantically trying to finish up my summer projects before all my time is gone. Combine with that a super busy family, the past several weeks I’ve been swamped by my To-Do list.

Maybe you’re like my sister who does not understand why in the world anyone would ever be stressed. But maybe you’re like me who wishes the world had a couple big giant PAUSE and REWIND buttons.

So recently, the tighter I wound up, the more I realized I needed to calm down even amid crazy busyness. Here is the first half of my top ten strategies that I have found very helpful in my life.

10. Be ready to leave, early.

Few things are more stressful than being late! So get ready long before you have to leave so you can just grab your purse/backpack/whatever and go. 


9. Listen to relaxing music

For me, this means peaceful music. I have a CD called Quiet Time that is gentle piano and guitar instrumental that I love to listen to when I’m stressed. However, this type of music makes my sister feel “restless and anxious.” So maybe for you, your relaxing music is heavy metal. :) Whatever it is, listening to music that calms you down is very helpful.

8.  Clean your work area and room

The messier my room is, the more cramped, tense, and overwhelmed I feel. It’s another thing on that mental To-Do list and it’s not something that I can escape. Even if it takes a couple hours, it’s totally worth it to have a clean room. It makes me feel like I’ve got everything under control. It also motivates me to get other things done.

You may not be the sort of person that minds the mess, but I can almost guarantee that you’ll find a clean room much more invigorating than a messy one.


7.  Make a To-Do list and prioritize it.

You’ve got a billion things to do zooming around your head. It’s hard to process. But when it’s down on paper, you’ll be surprised at how short it actually is compared to how long you thought it was.

After I get everything I have to do down on paper, I can prioritize them in order of what needs to get done today and what I would like to get done today. Then I always know exactly what I’m supposed to be doing when I’m supposed to be doing it.


6. Don’t worry yourself to sleep.

Once you’re in bed, you can’t do anything about it, especially not by worrying. As soon as the lights go out, stop thinking about what you have to do. Worrying late at night will rob you of sleep, which will probably result in a more exhausting and stressful next day!

This also applies to when you’re in the car, on the elevator, etc. Basically, whenever you can’t do anything about it, don’t worry about it. 


Come back next Friday to see the top five most helpful ways I’ve found to reduce stress!


What do you think? Are you a super stressed person? Or are you pretty chill? How do you relieve stress? Which ways listed above seem the most helpful? Has school started for you, yet?
 Share in the comments!

Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

1 comments:

  1. I totally agree with #8! Whenever i'm stressed I just go into "stress clean" mode. I just run around the room speak it cleaning, even if I have family or friends in there. It actually pretty funny;) But I found that when it's all clean I can stil down, relax and think about what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib