Hot Pumpkin Mug

Anastasis Faith
                                Photocreds: Kathy from Healthy Happy Life

Submitted by Beth

Y'all know I love pumpkin. Who doesn't? What's funny though... is that without the spices pumpkin would not be... well, pumpkiny (if that's even a word.)

Here are two things you should know about me: I love coffee and pumpkin. A pumpkin spice latte is pretty amazing... but it's not like I'm always at a coffee shop and can get one. And at 9 o'clock at night I don't really need the caffeine.

Today I want to share with y'all my favorite alternative to a pumpkin, high-caffeine, coffee anything; so if you don't like coffee or try to avoid caffeine, you'll love this Hot Pumpkin Mug. Oh, it's so good.


On her blog Healthy Happy Life Kathy contrives this amazing pumpkin concoction. Enjoy, m'friends! Let me know how you like it. :)

Note: I find that the best milk for this recipe is Vanilla Soy milk with a teaspoon (if even) of Agave Nectar instead of a teaspoon of maple syrup.

Hot Pumpkin Mug, Spiced
vegan, serves 1

1 cup non-dairy milk (soy or almond works best)
1 1/2-2 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree, unsweetened (I used organic/canned/BPA-free liner can)
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2-3 drops vanilla extract (or a few pinches of real vanilla bean pod seeds for an extra special flavor)
1 tsp maple syrup, grade B
For extra spiced, add:
2 dashes cayenne
1 pinch fine black pepper
1-2 pinches of nutmeg

Try this sometime and let me know what you think in the comment section!

Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib