When the World is Spinning Too Fast

Anastasis Faith


“Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.”
Psalm 46:10-11
   
Life is beautiful. Anyone who tells you any different is looking through the wrong pair of glasses. If you’re thinking to yourself right now, “what planet did you come from? Life is bleak and cruel,” I get it. I’ve been there too. I’ve gone through tough times where it felt like my heart would never stop hurting, and I’ve said those very words to myself—life is cruel.
Sure, there will always be ups and downs, but if you’re in one of the downs right now, let me just encourage you to stop for a moment. Take a break from the everyday grind, find a quiet place to think, and breathe deep. Rest. If you don’t have a lot of time, that’s okay. All you need is a few minutes to be still. I don’t know if you live in the country or the city, but if you can, find a quiet spot outside or take a walk and look around you.

“My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.”
Psalm 62:5-8

Where I’m sitting right now, it’s late afternoon on a cool fall day in Texas. (Well, technically it’s winter, but if you’re familiar with Texas weather, you know that we really only have two seasons—summer and fall. :P) The sun is just beginning to sink in the soft blue sky, casting its farewell rays through the mostly bare branches of the trees, down onto the carpet of leaves scattered across the ground. A gentle breeze is rustling through the evergreen needles of the towering pines. A few wisps of clouds are rolling lazily across the sky, and I can’t help but remember how very blessed I am to be alive. Each one of us has so much to be thankful for.
There’s beauty all around me, but you see, I just had to stop for a moment, look around, and give my soul a chance to breathe. Time flies. Already, a new year has arrived Don’t let yourself be so busy all the time so that you miss out on all the blessings the Lord has in store for you! The beauty is there—if only you will open your eyes and let it in.
God is in control. You can trust Him, and He loves you. He is there for you. Rest in that.

“Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit.”
Psalm 51:12

“Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my soul.”
Psalm 54:4

Even if life feels too hectic to handle, pray for a peaceful heart, then do your best to slow down and He will pour His grace and peace over you. He is there for you. He is always enough.

“Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.”
Psalm 63:3-4
 
Take a moment to praise Him for who He is, and for the beautiful world He created for His children to enjoy. I know for me, that small step works in leaps and bounds to help me gain some perspective when I feel overwhelmed. Search for things, great or small, that you can thank Him for. Maybe it’s that mug of hot coco you’re sipping on right now, with marshmallows and whipped cream. :) Or the last strains of Christmas songs playing on the radio that warms your heart. Maybe it’s the laughter and love all around you as you spend time with family. You could even thank Him for the cozy fire in the fireplace, and the fuzzy socks that feel so soft on your feet. Thank Him that even though the coming school semester will be stressful, it’s an incredible opportunity to learn and grow. Not many people in the world get to go to school!
No matter what you’re going through, there will always be something you can choose to be thankful for. Focus on that instead of the negatives, and it will help you find joy this season. And guess what? Joy is contagious. As you choose to start focusing on the positives, you will help others around you do the same! Never forget that one kind word, one smile can brighten someone’s entire day.
So when you feel like the world is spinning too fast, remember—life is beautiful if we take the time to adjust our focus.

Sunny Bodenhamer is a Christian, homeschooled girl learning to be a light in this crazy, amazing life we’ve been given, reach for the stars, and believe that anything is possible through Jesus Christ. She believes that every day is a miracle full of second chances and beauty, if we stop and take the time to see it. She loves to write, crochet, drink coffee, and hopes to inspire and encourage through the written word.


Is your life overwhelming? What has God been teaching you through the business? What are some things that you’re thankful for? Share in the comments!

Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

1 comments:

  1. This post was peeeeeerfect for where I am right now! :) We just had a death in the family this week and we are learning to cope without them. It was just super great to read this now. To me, it's just another way God is showing me that He is here. And that His timing is perfect, even for little things like blog posts! :)
    Thank you Sunny! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib