Your Suffering Is Not Meaningless

Anastasis Faith


-By Hannah Fauss

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.”
1 Peter 4:12-13

When I am suffering I tend to look my life through my own selfish eyes or blame someone for my suffering. However I must realize that my suffering is NOT meaningless.
Recently I went through lots of suffering, questions and pain. A few weeks ago a close friend and mentor died from stage four cancer.  My heart was aching from the pain of reality and my thoughts were quickly filled with blame towards God. Sadly, through this time my trust for my Savior was shaken. I was quick to ask God why He would allow such a painful thing to happen, when suddenly another question came to my mind. “Will you still praise Him even through the trials?” 
I was at a fork in the road where I had to decide if I would continue to blame God for this suffering, or if I will praise His Holy Name. 

“Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.”
Psalms 103:1.

I was brought back to this verse many times, and it was then that I had to exclaim “Through the storms, I will bless Your name, through the pain I will praise You, and yes, even through the suffering I WILL trust You.”
So many times throughout the Bible it states that suffering will bring forth something greater. 

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
Romans 5:3-4

All our suffering, all of our trials, all of our tribulations plays a part in glorifying our savior.  As 1 Peter 4: 12-13 stated “When His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” Notice it does not say “If His Glory comes” it proclaims with the powerful promise of “WHEN His glory shall be revealed...” When going through trials I know I must remove the selfish mindset of wanting to blame someone for my pain, and put on the mindset of Job who still praised the Lord with every breath in his lungs.

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!”
Job 19: 25-27


Hannah Fauss is a sixteen year old girl who is currently homeschooled and is a  junior in high school. Her passions consist of singing, dancing, playing instruments such as piano, guitar and ukulele, public speaking, debating and so much more!  However, her favorite thing to do is use all of these funny little passions to worship and bring glory to her Savior.

Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

1 comments:

  1. This was great Hannah! And I could completely relate to every word of it! I recently lost a family member to cancer and congestive heart failure so I know the hurt, and I know how you never heal. But your message was encouraging and I really appreciate the time you put into it. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib