Remembering Elisabeth Elliot: Day 14

Anastasis Faith
“Worship is not an experience. Worship is an act, and this takes discipline. We are to worship ‘in spirit and in truth.’ Never mind about the feelings. We are to worship in spite of them.”
-Elisabeth Elliot

Haven’t we all believed that worship was how you felt in a dark auditorium with hundreds of other people singing beautiful music? I know I have! I used to think I wasn’t worshiping unless I felt goose bumps!

But Elisabeth Elliot’s observation is so true: worship is not about feelings! It’s an act. And we need to worship God despite how we feel.

What misconceptions have you had about worship?


Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib