Where do You Find Peace in the Crazy?

Anastasis Faith

-By Musical Girl

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27

Wow! Look at this verse! Read it again.
During the past few months, I have started professional school, flown by myself, and been pushed way out of my comfort zone. Do you have this kind of peace? I know that I don't most of the time. So let us take a closer look at this kind of peace.
First, what do you think of when you think of peace? I usually think: when I can take a nap because I have no more deadlines pressing on me, after a great piece of cake and afternoon of reading a novel. Well this is a fairytale. By this standard, I will never have peace! But this peace is the peace of the world!
We are to have peace in stressful situations. How in the world? We are to have peace that no matter what happens, or how much homework is drowning us, we know that that God is in control. We need to realize that we already know the end of the story—Jesus is King! This should make us different from the world. This should make them want what we have!
So this week, ladies, focus on having this peace. How do we get this? By spending time with our Prince of Peace!
Now I want to focus on the second part of the verse. How are we not to be troubled? The world is going crazy! Even our own lives can seem like a hurricane! But we are not to worry because God know what He’s doing with our lives. I know that for me, the Lord has been showing me He has so much more in store for me than my best dreams!
Our peace should have us confident in God's plan. I know that if I stopped worrying when my life is not following my plan, I would have so much more time! But more than that, we need to remember that our peace is not based on our circumstances, which are out of our control! We can easily be scared and confused when we focus on ourselves. But putting faith in God for everything can result in amazing things!
I encourage you to rejoice in this "peace that surpasses all understanding!” I also encourage you to memorize this verse; it has been very comforting to me!


Does your life feel wild right now? How has God shown you His peace recently? Share in the comments!

Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib