10 Tips for Beating a Crush: Tip 3

Anastasis Faith
3. Don’t build your life on a guy.

Don’t build your joy, happiness, security, or satisfaction on a guy. It’s not a stable foundation. God is the only Person that can give you true joy and true security. A guy will let you down because he is human. Christ will never let you down. Christ can give you those things even when that guy isn’t at that social gathering, or if you find out he doesn’t like you.
God has given us so much. He has blessed me beyond description and I have every reason to be thankful, joyful, and happy. We need to stay positive and look for reasons to be happy! For more on joy, check out the article by Brittanie called, “5 Ways to Increase Your Joy.” 

A fourteen-year-old girl shares her story about this.
So I liked this guy and he liked me and it was great! I had our future all planned out and everything was perfect – I was really happy. Then he started drifting away. I didn’t know what was going on, but I assumed it wouldn’t last. But it did, and it got worse. He began avoiding me, then flat out ignoring me. I wasn’t happy at all anymore. It was like my colorful life turned black and white.
I can see now what my happiness was dependent on, and it wasn’t God. It was my crush. I was so dependent on my crush and him keeping me happy that I didn’t even notice that all my happiness was in the hands in a flawed, inconsistent boy. It should have been in the hands of our flawless, completely consistent God.
Now, I don’t have a crush, and as far as I know, no guys are interested in me. But I’m not sad! I have no reason to be! When I fully put my happiness in God, and not in my crush or my circumstances, then I never have any reason to be unhappy!
I’m starting to understand the phrase “Hallelujah! All I have is Christ!” because I see now that He is enough! And not just enough, He is beyond enough! When all you have is Christ, He can make you sing “Hallelujah!”

After a melancholy day of not wanting to get things done, I realized that I was making this mistake. I was trying to build my happiness and stability on a guy. Once I realized this, I went outside and spent time in prayer to refocus on my heart on Jesus. Just by spending those thirty minutes with God, I was motivated to come inside and joyfully get my room cleaned and organized. You know your happiness is built on a guy when you’re sad if he’s not there or he doesn’t email/text you back. You know your happiness is built on God when you’re joyful in every situation.

“Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe in Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.”
1 Peter 1:8-9

“The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.”
Proverbs 10:28

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
Romans 15:13

“He who walks in integrity walks securely,
But he who perverts his ways will be found out.”
Proverbs 10:9


Are you building your happiness, security, or anything on a guy, or are you rooting your joy in Christ? Any stories or thoughts? Share in the comments!

Anastasis Faith / Author & Editor

Anastasis is a Texas girl who enjoys writing, blogging, and music. You can connect with her here on her blog, or at morningglorypursuingjesus@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I read every one of them.

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Template Designed By Templateism | Templatelib